How To Increase Productivity And Simplify Asp.Net MVC Development
While most developers leverage on web developer express or visual studio when building apps, there is no alternative when it comes to enhancing productivity.
When you acquire more knowledge about built-in functionality in .net framework and asp.net, you will need to code less and this will result in easy-to-maintain applications.
This article shares many tips that will shape up the skills of developers and enhance their productivity and lower the code amount that requires to be written in several cases.
1. Cross-page postback functionality
Asp.net 2.0 or higher version supports the feature to post data from one page to another with the help of cross-page postback functionality. This feature is helpful when you don’t need a page to postback to itself.
2. Dynamic Data feature in .Net 3.5 SP1
When there is a need of creating database admin pages manually, the process may consume more time. As a solution, built-in-controls like SqlDataSource or ObjectDataSource will help you in making the process simpler. However, development of pages and data hooking is still a time consuming job.
Easy Steps To Get Started With Dynamic Data
- Install .net 3.5 SP1 and Visual Studio 2008 SP1
- Create a new project --> Navigate to templates --> Select Dynamic Data Web application
- You can add a new LINQ to SQL Classes item in the project
- Access Server Explorer --> add target database --> drag desired tables on LINQ to SQL designer surface
- Right click the Global.asax --> tab View Code in the menu
- Find the model.registerContext line in the code file and uncomment it
- Find YourDataContextType string and replace it with the name of your context object
- Set ScaffoldAllTables property – true
- Save your file and run Default.aspx in the browser.
- It’s done. You can now avail instant access to insert, update, and delete records in your database tables.
Asp.net offers robust framework that developers can use to design rich and reliable web applications. These shared tips can be applied to the asp.net development process to lower code, enhance productivity and ease the maintenance of the application.